• ucp logo
Donate to ucpmichigan

Research Opportunity: Testing Your Child's Working Memory

    • working memory study picture

The University of Michigan Health System is conducting research on new ways of testing the way in which children remember information. Children who take part will be able to try computerized tests of working memory. To take part in this study, children must:

  • Be 6 to 16 years of age
  • Have their parent (or legal guardian) provide written, informed approval to participate
  • Children with a clinical diagnosis of cerebral palsy
  • Children must use English as their primary language
  • Have no medical, psychiatric, or acquired brain injury
  • Stable medication with no changes over the past 3 months
  • Able to make a clear Yes/No response
  • Able to see a 1"x1" picture on a computer screen

Participants can expect to spend approximately two hours in the study,

and will be paid a $50.00 honorarium for their time and effort.

To schedule an appointment call: (734) 936-6023

For more information, you can also reach one of the study team members at: PMR-UMACAL@med.umich.edu

(NOTE: please indicate "Working Memory" in the subject line of your email)

Visit the Adapted Cognitive Assessment Lab website for more information at:


    • healthy michigan plan

Get comprehensive and accessible health care coverage - enrollment begins April 1st for the Healthy Michigan Plan!

Eligibility Details:

  • Ages 19-64
  • Income around $16,000/single or $33,000/family of four
  • Not pregnant when applying
  • Not currently enrolled in other Medicaid programs
  • Not eligible for or enrolled in Medicare
  • State of Michigan resident

    • maflogoheader

Are you looking for resources for Transition to Adulthood?  

Michigan Alliance for Families will be hosting a webinar series on this topic beginning March 20th.  Some of the topics include:

  • Person Centered Planning
  • Self-Determination
  • Transition and the Law
  • Rethinking Guardianship
  • Transition IEP and Transition Planning

For more information and to register, visit the Michigan Alliance for Families website

Are you 60 or older? Do you get federal disability benefits? If so, are you having trouble paying for both food AND medical care?Find out how you or others in this situation can use their medical bills to get more help with food assistance.

  • food assistance program information for advocates clients
  • Download file

United Cerebral Palsy of Michigan (UCP Michigan) connects people with disabilities to the opportunities and resources needed to live productive and independent lives.

United Cerebral Palsy Association Of Michigan
  • 20110506 like us on facebook
  • twitter
  • United Way